There are a number of natural remedies that you can make at home. The question is which is the right for you at the right time? Whether you are suffering from a cold or constipation you can find inspiration from the gifts nature provides you with and come up with your own remedy.
Natural remedies are the way of the future. Too often people are reliant on taking a pill to fix a situation that doesn’t actually need any hard core medication. By constantly pumping bodies full of drugs, it has left them unable to build up a proper immune system to common illnesses. Colds and flus for example can be treated without having to get jabbed with a needle nor swallow an effervescent pill. Here are some natural remedies that you can make in your very own home to combat a cold:
- Hot toddy: this is not a remedy that was thought up just because people liked to booze. It does in fact work. Simply get some herbal tea, add a teaspoon of honey, some lemon and a SMALL shot of whiskey or bourbon. This mixture has been designed to help with congestion and soothe your throat while you sleep. There are two rules to follow; only have one before bed and do not consume too much alcohol.
- Garlic: garlic has been known for having germ-fighting abilities for a number of years. It is believed that if you eat garlic or take a garlic supplement every day you can in fact prevent colds and flus from occurring. Another plus is that it can actually help your taste buds to recognise some flavour in your food while you have a stuffy nose.
- Salt water: not necessarily a pleasant solution in regards to taste, but it is known for helping a scratchy throat. Simply get a glass of warm water and mix a teaspoon of salt into it. Gargle with this solution (fresh one each time) about four times a day and you will help to ease the pain.
Another major issue people face is constipation. It is extremely painful and it has been proven that if your gut isn’t happy the rest of your body will suffer. This is because the largest amount of immune tissue that is found in the body is situated next to the gut area. In order to get your bowels moving again you can consider using these two options:
- Oil: 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice is required. Consume the olive oil in the morning on an empty stomach, if needs be you can add the lemon juice to help with the flavour.
- Prunes: an oldie but a goodie. Prunes will become your best friend while you are constipated. To get through them quickly drink 2 glasses of prune juice and you will find that your gut becomes that much happier.
Choosing the natural way for your body to heal is always the better option and this is the firm belief and practise of Dr Alain Sanua. Dr Alain Sanua believes in a holistic approach to medicine – healthy mind and healthy body.